|Fred Coon||866-883-4200, Ext. 200|
|EFFECTIVE MARKETING STRATEGIES FOR A WINNING RESUME|
- In order to create a goal-focused and achievement-oriented resume that represents you in the best light as a qualified professional in your field of interest, you need to utilize the following marketing strategies successful in today’s job market.
- Your resume is your own personal, unique marketing document. If successful, it positively represents you and your ability to achieve excellent results, and provide growth to a company.
The Following Marketing Strategies Include:
RESUME FORMAT & DESIGN
An Essential Marketing Strategy is an Attractive & Professional Resume Format & Display
- In order to pass the 10 second review and maintain the attention of a hiring manager or recruiter, your resume needs to have engaging format and content. Especially being that this is usually the employer’s first impression. Unfortunately, most resumes lack a visual appeal, and are often disorganized and problematic. As a result, they are immediately overlooked and tossed aside with all the others. A dry, unorganized resume will most likely never gain the attention needed throughout a large population of candidates.
- So just remember to make sure your resume has a flattering, eye-catching, and professional format. Remember, you want your resume to surpass the 10 second review in order to land an interview.
EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF KEYWORDS
Your Resume Needs to Signify a Strong Skill Set Through Highly Effective & Packed Keywords
- Creating and distributing your resume through the incorporation of keywords will succeed in generating significant results. In fact, keyword optimization is more important than having an attractive, visually appealing format.
- The result of incorporating keywords into your resume will increase your number of hits as a result of being read by scanners and searched within various databases or Internet searches. Having your resume distributed in this way, rather than a simple email attachment, or a mailed hard copy, will significantly expand your chances of gaining the attention essential in generating interviews.
- All good, successful resumes include keywords (words that employers search for in order to detect critical experience, knowledge, and skills that are essential for the targeted position). Without these, you really don’t have a resume at all.
- In order to increase your chances within the market pool, you should first and foremost utilize your targeted industries’ keywords, combined with reasonable synonyms. For example: instead of just indicating a position as an Elementary Administrator, you could try this:~ Elementary Administrator/School Superintendent/Educational Supervisor ~
This will significantly increase your number of hits.
RESUME STRUCTURE & ORGANIZATION
The Structure and Organization of your Resume is Essential for a Successful Job Search
- A successful resume is going to be nicely arranged, organized, and well-structured in order to allow the employer or recruiter to easily scan and read the document.
- Laying out major sections appropriately throughout your resume, and in an organized fashion is essential in order to maintain the attention of the reader and allow a relatively simple examination or study.
- You do not want the reader to glance at the resume or cover letter and lose interest due to unnecessarily long paragraphs. Instead, learn to divide the information into appropriate segments through the insertion of bullets in some areas of the resume. This is just one example.
- In addition, an excellent and professionally organized resume can also help organize the interview process, successfully sustaining the interviewer’s focus on your core strengths and achievements.
- By successfully utilizing the three effective ingredients above in developing your resume, you should be off to a great start!
Stewart, Cooper & Coon, has helped thousands of decision makers and senior executives move up in their careers and achieve significantly improved financial packages within short time frames. If you would like professional help writing, designing or organizing your resume, start here.