About The Author
Executive VP Consulting Campaign Management – SC&C
Bill has been a recognized leader in the Career Management field for over 18 years, having worked with nearly 1900 clients representing virtually every industry and area of business. Through Bill’s efforts, clients have generated over $193 million in negotiated compensation!
Bill is currently the EVP, Consulting Campaign Management for Stewart, Cooper & Coon, directing the activities of all coaching staff members in addition to his own clients.
Prior to joining SC&C, Bill gained significant business and professional experience through positions of leadership that have included:
- Founder, CEO, and Director of Consulting for a leading regional career management firm
- President/Director for a venture capital company
- Executive Vice President for a mortgage-backed securities company
- Vice President/Director for a bank holding company and its subsidiary thrift & loan, and
- Vice President/Director for a property development/management firm.In addition, Bill founded SEG>WAY, an executive networking organization, and has been the Co-founder, Executive Director, and Facilitator of the Christian Business Alliance, in addition to being a board member for numerous for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.Bill received a BA in Communications (Speech / Drama) from Wittenberg University, an MBA in Finance from National University and completed a Masters Study in Mass Communications from the University of Denver. Bill has served on the faculties of National University and University of Phoenix in subjects ranging from communications, to business management, to leadership, to finance.As author of The Principles of Effective Personal Marketing ©, The Art and Science of Landing Your Next Job, and numerous articles on interpersonal and business communications, Bill is often called upon to provide team leadership guidance and advice as well as act as keynote speaker, master of ceremonies, or workshop leader as a content expert.
Bill’s reach into the community has included associations and affiliations with:
- KPBS Readers Service Volunteer (Los Angeles Times)
- United Way of San Diego County – Loaned Executive; District Campaign Manager; Author of music and lyrics for annual campaign film; writer of publicity materials for various divisions through the United Way Volunteer Center
- La Jolla Town Council – Trustee; Treasurer; Chairman, Business & Professional Committee
- Jamul-Dulzura Union School District – Multiple advisory committees in finance and site location; guest lecturer
- Episcopal Diocese of San Diego – Lay Minister; Lay Reader; Vestry Member; Treasurer; Stewardship Chairman; Delegate to Diocesan Convention; Choir member & accompanist; Teacher
- National University – Adjunct Professor of Finance
- University of Phoenix – Adjunct Professor in Leadership, Communications, Management,
General Studies, and Finance
- The San Diego Business Journal – Guest Columnist
- California Publishing Company – Columnist
- CPA/LAW Forum – Guest Columnist