Do you play well with others? That is the underlying question that employers are trying to determine. Here are a few key questions that will help you determine if you know how to engage in a behavioral interview and win. To even get to the final stages of negotiating, you must have distinguished yourself from the other candidates AND you must also create value in the mind of those deciding about you.
For each question in this survey, if you can’t form an answer instantly or you hesitate in any way or the answer is no, PUT A CHECK IN THAT BOX. Don’t waste your time fooling yourself.
Your rating is described below:
- 0 – 2 Points – Quit fooling yourself and retake the quiz.
- 3 – 4 Points -Not too bad but you really need to think about what you missed and the importance of those to your overall strategy and job search process.
- 5 – 6 Points – You should probably rethink your strategy. You will not create value if you have this score on the quiz. Creating value allows for negotiations leading to larger compensation.
- 7 – 8 Points – Either you will not achieve your career goals or your financial goals you have established for this search, or both, without a major shift in strategies you employ to move your career forward.
- 9 – 10 Points- Your interviewing skills are poor and you will not achieve your goal of increasing your employment value and negotiating a better compensation package. Also, it is likely that your job search is in trouble as well.