Many small and large organizations alike to do not have the time or resources to perform a recruitment selection process at the standard they wish to, or even require, and subsequently turn to staffing agencies for assistance. While some staffing agencies only provide workers on a temporary basis, others provide both temporary and temp-to-hire candidates so that a company and employee have a chance to ascertain if the opportunity is the best possible fit for each.
Screening, cost, expertise, worker availability and retention are among some of the many benefits to a company, and while an organization stands to gain a great deal through use of recruitment services, what are some non-obvious advantages to job-seekers that staffing agencies have to offer?
According to Audvisor, there were 5.13 million job openings in the U.S. in February 2015 alone. In fact, “2015 has seen the most job openings in the U.S. since 2007.” According to the American Staffing Association, in 2014, U.S. staffing companies employed 3.2 million temporary and contract workers every week, an increase of 5.4 percent compared to 2013.
The staffing solutions industry is vital to the U.S. economy and provides job and career opportunities to approximately 16 million employees every year.
Although this may be the case, there are still job-seekers who prefer to job hunt on their own, whether online or offline. Let’s explore how these job-seekers would benefit from expanding their search to incorporate staffing agencies.
1. Staffing services can provide connections that job-seekers may not otherwise have access to.
More employers are using staffing services to help fill up positions in their company. Since these employers want to employ the most qualified workers, they hire staffing services to help them choose the right people for the jobs. When they do this, many of these job positions are not even publicized.
2. Staffing agencies provide support to job-seekers
Staffing services provide job and career opportunities to job-seekers based on their skills, experiences, and preferences. They are experts in matching the right people for specific available jobs in the market. Staffing agencies help job applicants see the brighter side of searching for jobs. They help you adjust your attitude as you go along. Job-seekers do not have to waste time searching through multiple job posts only to come up empty-handed because staffing agencies will do their best to match you with the right employer.
3. Staffing agencies provide tips and feedback to job-seekers
Apart from matching job-seekers with potential employers, many staffing agencies provide feedback regarding jobs that applicants are looking for (e.g. current trends, key requirements of specific jobs, etc.), ongoing career advice, resume services, skill-building opportunities, and interview and networking tips. Staffing agencies can help you clarify what you are looking for.
4. Statistics show how staffing services have helped several employees in America:
- 49 percent of staffing employees report that using staffing services is a way to get a permanent job.
- Most employees who used staffing agencies work full time – 76 percent compared to the overall workforce (82 percent)
- Nine out of 10 people who used staffing services said, doing so has made them more employable.
- 35 percent of job-seekers who used staffing services were offered a permanent job by a client and approximately 66 percent accepted offers of permanent employment.
- Nine out of 10 job-seekers were satisfied with their staffing company.
Try working with staffing agencies today to step up your job search. Besides increasing your access to available jobs, they can also help you make connections and build your professional network.
Do your own research, and even work with more than one staffing agency to increase your chances of landing your dream job.
Stewart, Cooper & Coon, has helped thousands of decision makers and senior executives move up in their careers and achieve significantly improved financial packages within short time frames. Contact Fred Coon – 866-883-4200, Ext. 200