||2001 - 2009
Nation's leading homebuilding company operating in 75+ major markets with annual revenues of $12 +billion.
VP of Finance, West Operating Region (2008 - 2009)
Promoted to lead day-to-day operations supporting all aspects of finance for the business segment. Oversaw review and approval of investments, certification of financial statements, banking relationships, employee relations, and process improvements. Supervised eight employees and 80 indirect reports with business segment revenues of $4.7 billion. Served as business partner to EVP for segment strategy and performance supporting 16 divisions.
- $1 billion incremental operating cash goal achieved in 12 months by overseeing processes supporting the detailed review of each investment that provided transparency in operations and greatly enhanced decision making for key stakeholders.
- $300 million in facilities district proceeds to developers in addition to negotiating and/or renegotiating $750 million in financing with banking and investment institutions.
- $5 million in annual expected cost savings generated by creating a shared services environment that reduced headcount by 65% for operating divisions and shortened the SOX certification cycle times by five days.
- 40% improvement in productivity attained by creating a site that enabled several geographic locations to share and provide financial and business information in real time.
- $1 billion in assets sold generating $500+ million in cash flow produced by identifying and disposing of assets that were under performing and did not meet the strategic needs of the firm.
- $800,000 saved annually by realigning staff resources and ensuring consistency, transparency, and accuracy in meeting financial and dashboard reporting requirements.
- Aggressively managed company through a market downturn, guiding back company back to profitability.
CFO, Southern Divisions (2005 - 2007)
Promoted to lead financial and operating results for four divisions in the South. Worked directly with Division Presidents. Managed 52 direct / indirect reports. Accountable for growing a business segment from $500 million in revenues in 2001 to $1 billion in peak year. Achieved 100% SOX compliance and recordation of proper allowances.
- $36 million in tax refunds produced by leading a project to identify and secure tax cost savings.
- $100,000 per year in cost savings delivered by developing an audit-compliant, efficient, and flexible system that accommodated current technologies and allowed for a more mobile work force.
- Reduced time to process updates to budgets and cash flows from 8 days to 2 days by implementing a standardized tool to track and manage regional budgets and cash flows.
CFO (2001 - 2005)
Served as Chief Financial Officer responsible for setting up and managing all finance and accounting activities for a division supporting a small market territory with annual revenues growing from $77 million to $200 million at its peak.
- Generated $163 million in revenue growth and $27 million in profitability by establishing a bid award and joint venture that added 325-units and contributed up to 40% in margin.
- $600,000 to $44 million increase in profitable growth within four years achieved by creating a formal process to provide a more proactive approach to pricing and market strategy for a LA division as well as to meet SOX compliance requirements.
- $210 million in revenue growth attained by establishing a joint venture and gaining Board approval for project.
- $500,000+ saved in participation payments and legal fees by supporting efforts to secure a favorable legal decision that included reimbursements of costs.
||1999 - 2001
Award-winning entertainment firm providing pre- and post-production services and visual effects with annual sales of $50 million.
CFO / Director of Business Affairs
Directed operations supporting financial performance / reporting requirements and business affairs with seven direct and indirect reports. Oversaw direction of business and exit strategy in conjunction with President and CEO. Converted financial statements from UK to US GAAP in anticipation of liquidity event, improving transparency for potential US-based buyers. Reviewed and adjusted contracts completed with outside counsel with focus on minimizing risk to company and boosting collections for delinquent accounts.
- $70,000 in annual interest cost savings achieved by developing and implementing a credit facility and cash management practices across operations.
- 15% growth in YOY margins followed by another 12% YOY growth in the following year obtained by creating mechanisms to provide better visibility and planning into how profits and sales were being generated within the business.
- Improved liquidity and cash flows by providing due diligence and negotiations support that led to the third-party sale of the company at a much higher premium than originally anticipated.
| HOME CORPORATION
||1996 - 1999
One of the nation's premier homebuilders with annual sales exceeding $3.8 billion.
Directed regional financial reporting and operations for three business entities. Tracked and managed staffing requirements across multiple locations. Managed negotiations, finance and accounting processes, and corporate planning and reporting requirements.
- $345 million in revenues and $23 million in operating earnings delivered by successfully negotiating $100 million in asset acquisitions in strategic locations.
- Generated $3.5 million in incremental cash flows from operations while reducing selling costs by $105,000 and improving ROI by 180 basis points.
- $110,000 saved annually with 32% increase in profitability achieved by streamlining forecasting processes and relocating offices to more cost-effective locations.
- Added 500 basis points to ROI by negotiating financing arrangements to achieve favorable accounting treatment for asset acquisitions.
||1990 - 1996
Holding company for global market leader in security monitoring, dealer auto auctions and other services.
Corporate Director, Finance, Planning & External Reporting
Provided leadership and expertise for a corporate executive office responsible for external reporting, taxation, and acquisitions. Managed tax planning and reporting, mergers and acquisitions, and SEC reporting for a global holding company. Supervised and trained five direct reports. Created and staffed tax department from ground up after relocation of company headquarters with no filing dates missed. Completed and prepared appropriate responses when required for all SEC and IRS filings.
- $25 million in profitability with 8% boost in market share garnered by completing 20 acquisitions and related integrations.
- $1+ million in immediate tax savings secured by overseeing successful NOL utilization for a consolidated entity.
- $500,000 in expected costs saved per year by completing a study to identify and establish proper ownership structure for withholding and income taxes.
- $100,000+ in annual compliance cost savings secured by reducing reporting entities from 200 to under 10.